What is the purpose of this document?
VapeShopBirmingham.co.uk (“VSB”) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This Privacy Notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you during and after your professional relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
VSB is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this Privacy Notice.
It is important that you read this notice, together with any other Privacy Notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
Data Protection Principles
We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
The kind of information we hold about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email addresses.
- Date of birth.
- Marital status.
- Credit card information, bank account and payment details.
- Information about your use of our goods or services.
- Your use of our website.
How is your personal information collected?
We collect personal information about customers and prospective customers through their enquiries and instructions to us, either directly from them or via third parties. We also collect information about you when you voluntarily complete online forms and provide feedback via our website. Website usage information is collected using cookies,
Our website may contain links to other websites. This Privacy Notice only applies to this website so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy policies.
How we will use information about you
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you to provide you with our goods or services.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
We may also use your personal information in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
- Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests).
- Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes.
Situations in which we will use your personal information
We need all the categories of information in the list above primarily to allow us to perform our contract with you to provide you with our services and to enable us to comply with legal obligations. In some cases, we may use your personal information to pursue legitimate interests of our own or those of third parties, provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. The situations in which we will process your personal information are listed below. We have indicated below the purpose or purposes for which we are processing or will process your personal information, as well as indicating which categories of data are involved:
- Providing you with our goods and services;
- Contacting you about our goods or services or responding to your enquiries;
- Monitoring traffic to our website;
- To prevent fraud or the misuse of our website; and
- Receiving feedback on the goods and services we provide.
Some of the above grounds for processing will overlap and there may be several grounds which justify our use of your personal information.
If you fail to provide personal information
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you to provide our goods or services, or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations (such as to ensure the health and safety of our workers.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Automated decision-making takes place when an electronic system uses personal information to make a decision without human intervention. We are allowed to use automated decision-making in the following circumstances:
- Where we have notified you of the decision and given you 21 days to request a reconsideration.
- Where it is necessary to perform the contract with you and appropriate measures are in place to safeguard your rights.
- In limited circumstances, with your explicit written consent and where appropriate measures are in place to safeguard your rights.
If we make an automated decision on the basis of any particularly sensitive personal information, we must have either your explicit written consent or it must be justified in the public interest, and we must also put in place appropriate measures to safeguard your rights.
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making, unless we have a lawful basis for doing so and we have notified you. We do not envisage that any decisions will be taken about you using automated means, however we will notify you in writing if this position changes.
- We may have to share your data with third parties, including third-party service providers.
- We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
- We may transfer your personal information outside the EU. If we do, you can expect a similar degree of protection in respect of your personal information.
Why might you share my personal information with third parties?
We will share your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the working relationship with you or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
Which third-party service providers process my personal information?
”Third parties” includes third-party service providers (including contractors and designated agents) and other entities within our group. The following activities are carried out by third-party service providers: IT services, Age Verification, legal advice.
How secure is my information with third-party service providers?
All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
When might you share my personal information with third parties?
We may also disclose your information for the following reasons:
- as required by relevant regulators or by law;
- to our auditors and external assessors who monitor our files;
- to our bankers to facilitate payments from or to you;
- to trusted third parties or our business partners;
- to our professional indemnity insurers;
- to any external providers of administration, legal or professional services used by us; or
- to any person, authorised by our regulator, who acquires or receives our business for the purposes of carrying on conduct of your matter(s).
Transferring information outside the EU
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to countries outside the EU in order to perform our contract with you, provided there is an adequacy decision by the European Commission in respect of those countries. This means that the countries to which we transfer your data are deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for your personal information.
Due to the age restricted nature of products offered by VapeShopBirmingham.co.uk , we require all order requests to be processed using the AgeChecked Age Verification system. Therefore, in placing an order on this website, you, the visitor, consent to VSB using your information in order to carry out such verification processes.
AgeChecked’s Use of Personal Data
AgeChecked adheres to eight data protection principles as described in the UK’s Data Protection Act and adapted to age verification. The principles are in essence a code of good practice for processing personal data for age checking purposes.
- First principle - Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless the data subject has given his consent to the processing.
- Second principle - Personal data shall be obtained only for age verification, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose.
- Third principle - Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to age verification.
- Fourth principle - Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Fifth principle - Personal data shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for age verification to occur.
- Sixth principle - Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under legislation pertinent to the location of the subject and UK data protection laws.
- Seventh principle - Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
- Eighth principle - Personal data shall only be transferred to a country or territory that ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
Whilst personally identifiable information may be used during age verification, AgeChecked does not retain personally attributable personal data once the age verification has taken place. Names, addresses, contact details, are scrubbed from the system. AgeChecked retain age attributes, but AgeChecked do not hold data to allow these to be attributed to individuals. Data Usage (general) AgeChecked does not use retained data for any purpose other than age verification.
We have put in place measures to protect the security of your information.
Third parties will only process your personal information on our instructions and where they have agreed to treat the information confidentially and to keep it secure.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my information for?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you. Once you are no longer customer of VSB we will retain and securely destroy your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Rights of access, correction, erasure and restriction
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your professional relationship with us.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
Object to processing
- of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Request the restriction of processing
- of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
Request the transfer
- of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact the Company in writing.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Right to withdraw consent
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact the Company. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact us:
- Call us on 07907 110120; or
- Write to us at email@example.com